The Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada
The Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) is a private/public partnership established in 1983, committed to adding quality jobs to the region by recruiting new companies, supporting the success of existing companies, and assisting newly forming companies, to diversify the economy and have a positive impact on the quality of life in Greater Reno-Sparks.
EDAWN is focused on assisting primary companies that produce goods and services in Greater Reno-Sparks and exports the majority of those goods and services, bringing in “new” money into the community.
We assist new companies interested in relocating to the area or existing company expansions by providing the following services:
- Real estate selection
- Permitting, licensing
- Data sourcing
- Public relations
- Access to key community members
- Access to workforce resources
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Secure State business incentives/tax abatements
EDAWN’s Strategic Plan
As part of EDAWN’s role in ReCharge Nevada’s efforts to continue the region’s economic diversification, EDAWN has submitted a Three-Year Economic Development Strategic Plan to the State.
This plan reflects input from our economic development partners, stakeholders and several companies in our target industries:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Distribution, Logistics & E-Commerce
- Back office, Business Support & Data Centers
- Clean Energy
- Financial & Tangible Assets
- Aerospace, Aviation, Defense
- Headquarters of any industry type