EDAWN Executive Update
An EDAWN Executive Update is provided to the community on a regular basis to address updates concerning EDAWN and economic development in the region.
EDAWN / RGJ Articles Library
The following articles published in the RGJ are written by Mike Kazmierski, EDAWN’s President and CEO.
- Jan Explosive Growth is Coming – Now What?
- Feb Our School’s Capital Funding Crisis!
- Mar Time to get Serious about Workforce Development
- May Time for a Midcourse Correction on our Strategic Plan
- June Attracting Talent – EDAWN’s New Challenge
- July The Impending House Crisis
- Aug Time to Believe – Growth is Coming
- Jan Terrible Air Service? No, Just Reality
- Feb The “State” of Washoe County School District – Performing Well!
- Mar Margins Tax Hurts Job Creation
- May Water – One of our Competitive Advantages!
- June It’s Time to Plan for a “Great” Downtown
- July Speed of Government – Another Competitive Advantage
- Aug Incentives: A Crucial Factor in Site Selection Decisions
- Sept Our World has just changed with Tesla!
- Oct South versus North – One Nevada?
- Nov Our Brand in the Future – Advanced Manufacturing Hub of the West?
- Dec So This is Christmas – What have you done?
- Jan Primary Jobs Driving Our Economy
- Mar Why so Much Prospect Activity at EDAWN
- Apr EDAWN Pushes to Attract Corporate Headquarters
- May Location, Location, Location – Our Greatest Competitive Advantage
- June Growing our Economy One Job at a Time
- July Expand Your Business – Enjoy Your Life
- Aug Get “Sustainable” to Attract Jobs and Stay Competitive
- Sept So, Why Did We Lose Them?
- Oct Jobs Later – EDAWN’s Community Development Initiatives
- Nov Advanced Manufacturing – The Cornerstone of Our Economic Future
- Dec EDAWN’s Christmas List – How to Help our Job Creation Efforts
- Jan Why Reno?
- Feb What Does EDAWN Do and Why Does it Matter?
- Mar The First Leg – Job Attraction and Prospect Identification
- Apr Job Attraction – Getting to the Short List
- May Close the Deal – The Final Phase of Job Attraction
- June EDAWN’s Renewed Effort to Keep Quality Jobs in the Region
- July EDAWN’s Strategies to Retain and Expand Existing Businesses in the Region
- Sept Why is Sustainability Important to Economic Development?
- Oct Entrepreneurial Development – The Key to Our Economic Future!
- Nov “Think Local” – The Job You Save May Be Your Own
- Dec Christmas Miracle? EDAWN’s Job Creation Goal is Achievable
EDAWN Assisted Companies
The following lists include primary companies which EDAWN has assisted in their relocation or expansion.
EDAWN Public Presentations
EDAWN presents an economic update each year at the annual luncheon to provide an overview of the organization’s progress in the region.
IBM Smarter Cities Challenge
Smarter Region is a new initiative aimed at improving economic development in the greater Truckee Meadows. Starting in 2013, ten regional agencies – public and private – came together for the first time to examine how to break out of their silos and work collaboratively to attract industries, grow jobs, nurture entrepreneurs, and improve workforce development. Their work is based on the recommendations of the IBM Smarter Cities Challenge grant that the City of Reno received in 2012. Please click to learn more about the Smarter Region or see our new website, http://smarterregion.org/.