Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe is the place to expand your manufacturing operations
Manufacturing companies in Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe benefit greatly from the vast resources dedicated to helping businesses succeed. From available and affordable industrial space, Right-to-Work legislation and business-friendly regulations and central location to large western markets, Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe is the perfect place to grow.
Competitive business advantages of manufacturing in Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe include:
- Logistics – the ability for your product to be shipped to a huge population quickly
- Buildings and Sites – Over 72 million square feet of industrial real estate at affordable price per square foot
- Foreign Trade Zone – doing business overseas couldn’t be easier
- Tax Benefits – Nevada tax laws make doing business in Greater Reno-Tahoe beneficial where it counts – the bottom line!
- Educated Labor Force – the dedication of the region to educating its people benefits your company with an intelligent, hard-working labor force
Top Manufacturers With Operations in Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe
Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe is the perfect hub to grow your west coast presence.
From transportation needs to international outsourcing services, businesses large and small establish themselves in Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe to take advantage of the area’s logistics industry and gain quick, affordable access to the 11 western states.
Expand your logistics, distribution and internet fulfillment operations to Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe, and start seeing an increase to your bottom line.
In addition to business-friendly taxes and regulation, expand your west coast distribution or fulfillment to Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe and enjoy the benefits of:
- An extensive transportation network on two major highway corridors: Interstate 80 and U.S. Highway 395.
- Strategic location among the 11 western states, within 500 miles of 18% of the U.S. population. Ship to 56 million people in one day and 63 million (21% of the U.S.) in two days.
- Over 65 trucking firms provide overnight delivery to more than 80% of the 11 contiguous western states, with second day delivery to the balance.
- Air Cargo options through the Reno-Tahoe International Airport provides service from UPS, FedEx and DHL daily, including Saturday with landing fees 40% lower than other coastal airports.
- Two of the nation’s largest railroads, Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe, serve Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe providing thousands of route miles and international gateway access in Mexico and Canada.
- Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe’s Foreign-Trade Zone (No. 126) with Alternative Site Framework is one of the largest in the nation.
Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe has all you need for business operations.
Back office support and data centers looking to Reno-Sparks-Tahoe for business solutions have increased over 50% since 2011. Why? Companies are beginning to notice:
With announcements like Apple and NJVC, data centers are also beginning to pay close attention to the competitive advantages of Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe. Here from NJVC why Reno was the perfect place to locate its 20,000 square foot, highly secure center.
U.S. Disaster Avoidance Map
There are no recorded damage-causing earthquakes that have occurred in the City of Reno- UNR Earthquake Lab
Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe is set to be a leader in clean energy
Greater Reno-Tahoe’s geography, climate and tax friendliness allow for growth throughout the clean energy sector. Close to the metro area are opportunities for:
- Geothermal Power – Nevada is home to one of the most active geothermal landscapes in the world, making it the perfect environment for geothermal power. Top 15 Reasons Reno, Nevada is a Center for Geothermal Excellence/Map.
- Solar – Nevada ranks first in solar resources with an average of 250 days of sunshine each year
- Wind Power – Greater Reno-Sparks-Tahoe’s open spaces make it an excellent spot to generate power from the wind.
- Biofuels – Greater Reno–Sparks – Tahoe’s biofuels community is growing, and the rise in biofueled vehicles make the opportunities in this market abound.
Bloomberg recently wrote an article about Reno wanting to be Silicon Valley’s back office…This is true, but not just for Silicon Valley. Reno has reemerged and redefined itself in diversifying its economy, and with that, is the need for financial and intangible asset support. As one of the fastest-growing regions in the country with an ever so increasing population, it’s no wonder.
We are a “University Town” and the public/private sector cooperation is unparalleled.
Our low business costs, lack of red tape, access to political capital, training programs, and other economic development programs, low cost of living and unparalleled quality of life make Northern Nevada one of the best places to live in America. After all, It is the “Biggest Little City” in the world.
Northern Nevada is home to dozens of notable corporate and regional headquarters, including:
Nevada has been at the leading edge of aerospace flight testing for almost 70 years. The state was chosen in 2014 by the Federal Aviation Administration as a national test site for unmanned autonomous systems (UAS) and is conducting research vital to safe and efficient integration of UAS into the U.S. aviation system. Nevada has a long history of research and development technologies for defense applications and is the home to several Air Force, Navy and Army military stations. Currently, the aviation industry in the state includes both the private and public sector.