Event Date-Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
With the exception of the Community Partner and the President’s awards, company must be a Primary Company. Target nominees are those in the EDAWN Strategic Plan Target Industries, however all primary companies that are nominated will be considered.
Primary Company is a private sector company in Washoe County, Storey County or Fernley where the majority of the company’s revenue (>50%) is generated from outside the State of Nevada.
Small is defined as a primary employer with less than 50 employees worldwide, and Large is defined as a primary employer with 51 employees or greater.
- Descriptions of qualifications are required for all categories
- Nomination process: Nominations will be accepted from individuals, companies, community partners and the nominating committee. The nomination form must be completed in full and submitted by the applicable deadline of August 15, 2017. Entries received after closing date will not be entered into the awards. For third party nominations, EDAWN will request supporting documentation from the company to complete the nomination process. Nomination forms will be posted on the EDAWN website in order to be submitted electronically. Company logos and a one line description for use in the event program will be requested for all nominees in addition to the category specific description of qualifications. If your nomination cannot be submitted electronically, or if you experience difficulties, please contact Cynthia Egan at 775-829-3712 or email@example.com to make alternate arrangements.
- Event will be publicized via the EDAWN Executive Update, press releases, and social media, and will be added to print media calendars.
- This event is administered by EDAWN.
- The time frames for all categories with the exception of the Corporate Citizen Award are January 2, 2017 through the nomination deadline. Company must have been operating as of January 2, 2017. The timeframe for the Corporate Citizen Award is the previous full year of contributions (calendar year 2016.)
- The judges’ decisions are final and binding. Company may only receive one award in any given year. Companies may be nominated in multiple categories. If you believe your company or the company you have nominated stands out in multiple categories, please nominate the company for Company of the Year and provide corresponding documentation. Company many not receive an award in the same category within a 5 year period.
- The winners agree to take part and assist with any promotional activities or public relations activities in support of the awards. The winners agree to send a representative to receive the award in person at the event on October 24, 2017, at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa from 5:00 p.m. -7:30 p.m. Local dignitaries will also be on hand to recognize winners and professional photographs will be provided free of charge.
- Winners will be announced the evening of the event.
- The judges reserve the right to reallocate an entry to a different category.
Biggest Little WOW
Criteria: This award is designed for small or large companies which are in an exciting, unique, innovative line of business that contributes to the overall diversity of the business community in the region. Companies must be currently generating revenue in order to qualify.
Description required: Describe the exciting, unique line of business that your company is in, what industry you serve, what your plans are for growth, and how your company contributes to the economic diversity in the region. Please share your vision of the impact your company is making on the region or in your industry.
Corporate Citizen Award (Large and Small company categories)
Criteria: Company which has made significant philanthropic contributions in money, employee volunteer hours or in-kind donations, to a charitable organization or organizations in the region, or any combination of the above.
Description required: Please provide a summary and breakdown if available, of the dollars, hours and/or value of in-kind donations during the award period. Please explain the impact your contributions are having in the community that might not occur without your support.
Employees First (Large and Small company categories)
Criteria: Recognizes companies that have invested in innovative programs to retain, develop, encourage and reward existing employees. This category is also open to companies who have implemented special programs that support the hiring of members of the National Guard, Reserve or Veterans.
Description required: Please provide a description of initiatives and programs implemented, to retain, develop, encourage and reward existing employees, or programs that support the hiring of members of the National Guard, Reserve or Veterans. Please explain the benefits of the programs you have implemented.
Founders Award (Large and Small company categories )
Criteria: This award is designed for primary companies that have been doing business in the region for more than 25 years under the same business name and have experienced growth in employees, capital investment, market share and/or revenues within the past year.
Description Required: Please provide the year your company began its operation in the region and a general summary of your growth in employees, capital investment, market share and/or revenues over the past year. Please describe the significant contribution your company has made to the region and state in the 40 years+ that you have been in operation.
Leader in Sustainability Award (Large and Small company categories)
Criteria: Company manufactures a product or provides a service which enables their customers to conserve natural resources and/or reduce their carbon footprint. Also open to companies who have implemented resource saving and/or recycling initiatives.
Description required: If you manufacture a product, or provide a service which enables your customers to conserve natural resources, or have implemented your own resource saving and/or recycling initiative, please provide a description of your product or service and quantify the benefits of the product, service or initiative, resulting in a reduction in consumption or carbon footprint versus traditional practices.
Manufacturing Excellence Award (Large and Small company categories)
Criteria: Company is currently manufacturing a product in EDAWN’s serving territory, and has received formal recognition, internally or externally, for its facility’s performance, productivity, process improvement, achievement of quality metrics, efficiency, service, and/or overall operational excellence. This category is also open to manufacturers whose product has been formally recognized for it’s design, quality, reliability, functionality, uniqueness, cost effectiveness, innovativeness, and/or overall excellence in the product category from its supply chain partners, customers, industry associations, trade publications, media, or other entities.
Description required: Please provide documentation of the recognition your manufacturing facility has received internally or externally, for its facility’s performance, productivity, process improvement, quality metrics, efficiency, service, and/or overall operational excellence. In the product category, please provide documentation of formal recognition for your product’s design, quality, reliability, functionality, uniqueness, cost effectiveness, innovativeness, and/or overall excellence in the product category from your supply chain partners, customers, industry associations, trade publications or media, or other entities.
Partnership with Education Award
Criteria: Company has actively engaged with education partners (at any level K-20) to support and/or actively participate in programs, collaborate on curriculum, provide leadership on advisory councils, provide scholarships, funding or donations, hire interns, participate in apprenticeship programs and/or create ongoing, collaborative relationships with education/training providers in the region.
Description required: Please describe how your company has actively engaged with education partners to support and/or actively participate in programs, collaborate on curriculum, provide leadership on advisory councils, provide scholarships, funding or donations, hire interns, participate in apprenticeship programs and/or create ongoing, collaborative relationships with education/training providers in the region. Please include details of your engagement and the benefits to you as the employer and to the educational institution.
Community Partner Award-Nominated Internally by EDAWN
Criteria: This award is designed for public sector community partners. The Entity/Agency must have demonstrated innovative programs and active engagement as a community partner to EDAWN in a way that supports business attraction, retention, workforce development, or entrepreneurial development. Decision will be based on overall contribution to EDAWN’s achievement of its strategic objectives.
Description Required: Please provide a summary of innovative programs and ways that you have actively engaged as a community partner to EDAWN in support of business attraction, retention, workforce development, or entrepreneurial development and how you have helped EDAWN to achieve its strategic objectives.
Company of the Year (Large and Small business categories)
Criteria: Company which has documented exemplary performance in multiple categories listed in the overall criteria and stands out as a “shining star” based on its WOW factor, community engagement, commitment to sustainability, partnership with education, longstanding operations in the region, focus on its employees, and its overall contribution to the region and State.
Description Required: Please provide a detailed description as to how your company has made a significant contribution to the region and State by standing out in multiple categories for the 2017 Existing Industry Awards. The winner of this award will have demonstrated excellence and leadership through its commitment to its employees, customers, environment, educational institutions and community.
Criteria: This award is an optional category at the CEO’s discretion, to be utilized when a local private sector entity has helped EDAWN to make a difference in the community in a unique and measurable way. Decision will be based on the entity’s contribution to an EDAWN department, program or event.